CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Will County, Inc. is a not-for-profit (501c3) corporation with the mission of recruiting, training and supervising volunteer advocates to speak on behalf of children who are victims of abuse and neglect in Will County. CASA is dependent upon donations from individuals, businesses and community organizations to sustain its mission. We are proud that last year we were able to provide advocacy services to 316 children.
Individual Donor Appeal
Last year in Illinois, 111,732 Children were reported to be victims of abuse and neglect. 97% of these children were abused by someone they love and trust. Tragically, 73 children died from abuse or neglect last year in Illinois.
In Will County, CASA is serving only 18% of the reported abuse/neglect cases each year. CASA's goal is to serve the other 82% who do not receive a CASA volunteer.
How can YOU make a difference? Here are some examples of how you can be Champion for Children:
- $1 per week can provide 1 background check to make sure a volunteer will be a safe advocate for a child ($52 Annual Donation).
- $2 per week can help 5 children be assigned a volunteer who will make sure they are not overlooked in an over-burdened child welfare system ($104 Annual Donation).
- $5 per week can cover the cost to train 33 volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children ($260 Annual Donation).
- $10 per week can provide one week of case management to help CASA volunteers advocate for a safe, permanent home to provide for a child ($520 Annual Donation).
Donate or Purchase Event Tickets
tix4cause.com provides a low cost solution to increasing charitable donations by targeting the numerous event tickets and experiences across the nation that remain unused and go to waste. tix4cause.com is an e-marketplace that allows donors to donate their event tickets (sports, music, theater) and experiences (golf, dining, lodging, etc.) and give up to 100% of the sale proceeds to CASA. CASA receives a charitable donation, the donor receives a receipt to make a tax deduction and the purchaser receives reasonably priced tickets to great events.